Event Fund, part of LBTH Mainstream Grants
The Event Fund
Part of LBTH Mainstream Grants
The Event Fund operates to quarterly deadlines.
Applicants will need to ensure that they plan well in advance to ensure that they meet the new deadlines.
The Event Fund is a distinct allocation from the Tower Hamlets Mainstream Grants budget and exists to provide small grants for high quality, public, arts events and festivals. Administered by Tower Hamlets Council Arts, Parks & Events team, it has been operating for a number of years. It supports approximately 40 - 50 festivals or events taking place in the borough each year. The maximum amount that can be applied for is £2500 however most awards are in the range £500 - £1000.
The Fund aims to support organisations to improve access to arts based events and the quality of festivals and events in Tower Hamlets, encourage participation and increase community involvement.
Applicants will need to demonstrate how the event meets the criteria listed below and how the event will address of at least one of the Community Plan priorities.
· Benefit for the Community of Tower Hamlets– how will local people benefit from this event or activity? Who will benefit and how will you know if the benefits you intend are achieved?
· Partnership working– are you working with local organisations or communities? How are they involved and how will your partnership(s) work?
· Innovation - is your organisation taking an unusual or adventurous approach to planning or programming?Are you bringing new audiences to the arts?
Tower Hamlets Community Plan prioritises equality, cohesion and community leadership. For more information go to:
Workshops will be taking before the next funding round and details of these will be available on this page.
The next deadline, for events taking place during the months of June to September 2017, is MIDDAY Thursday 27th April using the online application form. Please access the form here - https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_552/default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35036&SESID=27887&RL
The timelines for 2017-18 are as follows:
QUARTER 1 - Event Dates – April to June 2017 – application deadline 9th February 2017, MIDDAY (CLOSED)
QUARTER 2 - Event Dates – July to September 2017 – application deadline 27th April 2017, MIDDAY
QUARTER 3 - Event Dates – October to December 2017 – application deadline 20th July 2017, MIDDAY
QUARTER 4 - Event Dates – January to March 2018 – application deadline 2nd November 2017, MIDDAY
Applications can only be accepted via the online form, and deadlines are final (no late applications are accepted):
There are a range of other funding opportunities available to local groups and individuals. See those listed below to help you with securing your additional funding.
- Half Term: Great British Games Week in Victoria Parkfrom Wed 29 Mar 17 until Sun 4 Jun 17
- Botanical Drawing WorkshopSun 2 Apr 17
- On Formfrom Mon 3 Apr 17 until Fri 28 Apr 17
- School Easter Holidays in Victoria ParkSelected dates between Mon 3 Apr 17 and Mon 17 Apr 17
- Force of Nature - First Thursday OpeningThu 6 Apr 17
- Tower Hamlets Arts, Parks & Events : Event Fund Application Form Now Onlineposted: Wed 29 Mar 17
- Boishakhi Mela to Celebrate Bengali New Yearposted: Wed 22 Mar 17
- It Takes Two To Tango! Special offer to double the fun at half the priceWed 29 Mar 17 to Wed 3 May 17
- Submissions now open for A Season of Bangla Drama 2017posted: Wed 22 Mar 17
- The Exchange: A Brand New Arts Space For Londonposted: Fri 17 Mar 17