Event Fund, part of LBTH Mainstream Grants
The Event Fund is a distinct allocation from the Tower Hamlets Mainstream Grants budget and exists to provide small grants for high quality public arts events and festivals. Administered by Tower Hamlets Council Arts, Parks & Events team, it has been operating for a number of years and works on a rolling programme with monthly deadlinesto provide grant funding which supports approximately 40 festivals or events taking place in the borough each year. Grants can be up to £2500 for each application, with most in the range £500 - £1000. It supports a wide variety of projects ranging from film festivals to community festivals including music, dance and theatre events.
These must be arts based events which are accessible to and of benefit to the community. We recognise that Third Sector organisations have a vital role to play within our community and make a key contribution to delivering our shared Community Plan. Through the Events Fund the aim is to support organisations to: improve access to arts based events; provide arts activities where few exist; improve the quality of festivals and events in Tower Hamlets; extend the potential of events to develop audiences; encourage participation and increase community involvement. These are in line with theCouncil’s key priorities for improving the lives of all those who live and work in the borough, and tackling poverty and social exclusion. It also allows for more adventurous or ambitious programming and supports organisations in promoting community cohesion and cross-cultural understanding.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines and criteria and only apply if fully eligible to avoid disappointment.
Deadlines are final and no late applications are accepted:
Please note that the form is moving to an online application process for 2016-17 which will be open for applicationsfrom Friday 29th January 2016. Please click here to apply.
Any applications received on previous versions of the application form will be rejected. Only online applications will be accepted, and must be received by the deadline to be considered.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines and criteria and only apply if fully eligible to avoid disappointment. Deadlines are final and no late applications are accepted.
The first deadline for 2-16/17 will be 11thFebruary for events happening in or after 1stApril 2016, and applications open on 29thJanuary on online system.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for additional funding?
There are a range of funding opportunities available to local groups and individuals. See those listed below to help you with securing your additional funding.
- Sagacity! Festival of Older People DancingSelected dates between Fri 29 Jul 16 and Sat 30 Jul 16
- AbhijanSelected dates between Sun 19 Jun 16 and Sun 31 Jul 16
- Boishakhi Mela 2016Sun 31 Jul 16
- CM Sounds - Band In A Weekfrom Mon 1 Aug 16 until Fri 5 Aug 16
- Chris Harman - Faces: A Retrospective from Thu 4 Aug 16 until Sun 2 Oct 16
- Preparations For The Season Of Bangla Drama Now In Full Swing!posted: Wed 27 Jul 16
- The Brady Arts & Community Centre : Office Space to Let - Ideal For Arts Organisationposted: Wed 27 Jul 16
- Black History Month - money, marketing and more - last chance to get involved!posted: Fri 22 Jul 16
- Vicky Park Needs You!posted: Thu 21 Jul 16
- It's Going To Be A Great Day Out in Victoria Parkposted: Wed 20 Jul 16