Event Fund, part of LBTH Mainstream Grants
The Event Fund is a distinct allocation from the Tower Hamlets Mainstream Grants budget and exists to provide small grants for high quality public arts events and festivals. Administered by Tower Hamlets Council Arts, Parks & Events team, it has been operating for a number of years and works on a rolling programme with monthly deadlinesto provide grant funding which supports approximately 40 festivals or events taking place in the borough each year. Grants can be up to £2500 for each application, with most in the range £500 - £1000. It supports a wide variety of projects ranging from film festivals to community festivals including music, dance and theatre events.
These must be arts based events which are accessible to and of benefit to the community. We recognise that Third Sector organisations have a vital role to play within our community and make a key contribution to delivering our shared Community Plan. Through the Events Fund the aim is to support organisations to: improve access to arts based events; provide arts activities where few exist; improve the quality of festivals and events in Tower Hamlets; extend the potential of events to develop audiences; encourage participation and increase community involvement. These are in line with theCouncil’s key priorities for improving the lives of all those who live and work in the borough, and tackling poverty and social exclusion. It also allows for more adventurous or ambitious programming and supports organisations in promoting community cohesion and cross-cultural understanding.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines and criteria and only apply if fully eligible to avoid disappointment.
Deadlines are final and no late applications are accepted:
Please note that the form is moving to an online application process for 2016-17 which will be open for applicationsfrom Friday 29th January 2016. Please click here to apply.
Any applications received on previous versions of the application form will be rejected. Only online applications will be accepted, and must be received by the deadline to be considered.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines and criteria and only apply if fully eligible to avoid disappointment. Deadlines are final and no late applications are accepted.
The first deadline for 2-16/17 will be 11thFebruary for events happening in or after 1stApril 2016, and applications open on 29thJanuary on online system.
For further information please email email@example.com
Looking for additional funding?
There are a range of funding opportunities available to local groups and individuals. See those listed below to help you with securing your additional funding.
- Brick Lane Born Exhibition: Some photos by Raju Vaidyanathan, 1983-1989from Tue 11 Oct 16 until Sat 7 Jan 17
- Photomonth East Londonfrom Sat 1 Oct 16 until Tue 29 Nov 16
- Rest & its discontentsfrom Fri 30 Sep 16 until Sun 30 Oct 16
- Somali Week Festivalfrom Fri 21 Oct 16 until Sun 30 Oct 16
- Halloweekfrom Mon 24 Oct 16 until Sun 30 Oct 16
- Season of Bangla Drama Trailer Gives Taste of What to Expectposted: Wed 19 Oct 16
- Victoria Park Voted Nation's Favourite for Third Year in a Rowposted: Wed 19 Oct 16
- Projects Manager for Music Education, THAMES (Tower Hamlets Arts & Music Education Service)posted: Thu 13 Oct 16
- Rest & its discontents - Hubbub Present Programme of Exhibtion Events at The Art Pavilionposted: Wed 12 Oct 16
- Writeidea Festival - FREE Reading Festival at Idea Store WhitechapelFri 11 Nov 16 to Sun 13 Nov 16