Youth arts programme run by 'A' Team Arts, working in conjunction with the Youth Support Service
'A' Team Arts co-ordinates Youth Arts programmes across the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Using theatre, textiles, murals, design, new technologies, dance and music, artists and young people learn, discover and experiment. Ideas are transformed and translated into performances, exhibitions and personal works of art to share with friends, families, the community or sometimes a much wider public. All young people have creative potential. Through innovative arts practice valuable transferable skills can be gained e.g. critical thinking, teamwork, confidence, communication, self-esteem and project planning.
We are delighted to announce that ‘A’ Team Arts has achieved the highest number of Bronze Arts Awards in London! This accredited programme nurtures enjoyment of the arts and the development of creative leadership skills for young people and in the last five years, has enabled over 250 young people who live or study in Tower Hamlets to dance, sing and rap their way to achieving academic success. The Award is supported by Trinity Guildhall and the Arts Council.
We also run training for peer educators, youth workers, teachers and health professionals, who we can support in the following ways:
Provide tutors for arts projects or events
Give advice on equipment and materials
Provide arts input into issue-based programmes
Support girls' work initiatives
Provide portfolio support and advice for exam work and entry into art college
- Devise arts residencies for the summer holidays
Our base in the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street has specialist facilities for: Textiles; Fashion; Music Technology; Drama; Dance; Video and Film. We can provide projects which are tailor made to your requirements at the Brady Arts Centre or in your club. Our target age range is 13-19 yrs, but we also do projects with younger children and young adults. Through our partnerships with other organisations such as CM, Futureversity and Central St Martins we can offer tuition in music or fashion as well as progression routes into the creative industries.
Please note that some of these services may incur a charge; for more information on any of the above, contact Geraldine Bone, Youth Arts Manager, on 020 7364 7911
FREE Arts Workshops for young people!!
'House of Talent' on Thursday nights at the Brady Centre aimed at young people aged 13-19 yrs. Workshops include:
Our summer Fashion Academy and Modelling courses produce a catwalk show for events such as Alternative Fashion Week.
For further details of our current courses open to young people in Tower Hamlets please go to the "Festivals and events" listings under 'Children and Young People'. The majority of our open workshops are based at the Brady Arts & Community Centre.
- Idea Store Learning Print Exhibitionfrom Fri 4 Jul 14 until Thu 28 Aug 14
- Beyond CaringSelected dates between Tue 1 Jul 14 and Sat 26 Jul 14
- Museum of Childhood Summer FestivalSun 27 Jul 14
- 5Rhythms Practice Classesevery Monday from Mon 7 Jul 14 until Mon 22 Sep 14
- Sky High in the Pavilion: from Munich to Mile End - Exhibitions & FREE Workshopsfrom Tue 29 Jul 14 until Thu 7 Aug 14
- Event Management Volunteers Needed for ‘A Season of Bangla Drama’posted: Wed 23 Jul 14
- FREE Workshop at WWI Exhibition ‘Sky High in the Pavilion: From Munich to Mile Endposted: Wed 23 Jul 14
- Trainee Music Leaders, Spitalfields Musicposted: Thu 17 Jul 14
- Get A Glimpse Of Real East End Life During WWI!posted: Wed 16 Jul 14
- Writeidea Prize: Short Story Competition - Closing Soon!posted: Wed 16 Jul 14