Youth arts programme run by 'A' Team Arts, working in conjunction with the Youth Support Service
'A' Team Arts co-ordinates Youth Arts programmes across the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Using theatre, textiles, murals, design, new technologies, dance and music, artists and young people learn, discover and experiment. Ideas are transformed and translated into performances, exhibitions and personal works of art to share with friends, families, the community or sometimes a much wider public. All young people have creative potential. Through innovative arts practice valuable transferable skills can be gained e.g. critical thinking, teamwork, confidence, communication, self-esteem and project planning.
We are delighted to announce that ‘A’ Team Arts has achieved the highest number of Bronze Arts Awards in London! This accredited programme nurtures enjoyment of the arts and the development of creative leadership skills for young people and in the last five years, has enabled over 250 young people who live or study in Tower Hamlets to dance, sing and rap their way to achieving academic success. The Award is supported by Trinity Guildhall and the Arts Council.
We also run training for peer educators, youth workers, teachers and health professionals, who we can support in the following ways:
Provide tutors for arts projects or events
Give advice on equipment and materials
Provide arts input into issue-based programmes
Support girls' work initiatives
Provide portfolio support and advice for exam work and entry into art college
- Devise arts residencies for the summer holidays
Our base in the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street has specialist facilities for: Textiles; Fashion; Music Technology; Drama; Dance; Video and Film. We can provide projects which are tailor made to your requirements at the Brady Arts Centre or in your club. Our target age range is 13-19 yrs, but we also do projects with younger children and young adults. Through our partnerships with other organisations such as CM, Futureversity and Central St Martins we can offer tuition in music or fashion as well as progression routes into the creative industries.
Please note that some of these services may incur a charge; for more information on any of the above, contact Geraldine Bone, Youth Arts Manager, on 020 7364 7911
FREE Arts Workshops for young people!!
'House of Talent' on Thursday nights at the Brady Centre aimed at young people aged 13-19 yrs. Workshops include:
Our summer Fashion Academy and Modelling courses produce a catwalk show for events such as Alternative Fashion Week.
For further details of our current courses open to young people in Tower Hamlets please go to the "Festivals and events" listings under 'Children and Young People'. The majority of our open workshops are based at the Brady Arts & Community Centre.
- BookWorks: Dear Reader (In collaboration with Idea Store Whitechapel)every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from Fri 14 Mar 14 until Sun 11 May 14
- Brick Lane - 30 years Onfrom Thu 3 Apr 14 until Mon 28 Apr 14
- Cathy Haynes, 'Stereochron Island', Chisenhale Gallery Victoria Park Residencyfrom Wed 2 Apr 14 until Sun 22 Jun 14
- Tower Hamlets Council Presents St George’s Day Tea DanceWed 23 Apr 14
- St George’s Day Family CelebrationSat 26 Apr 14
- Calling Visual Artists : Would You Like To Exhibit At The Brady Arts Centre In May?posted: Thu 17 Apr 14
- Cutting East Wins Film Hub London Boost Awardposted: Wed 16 Apr 14
- Greenwich & Docklands International Festival Announce Programme Highlights for 2014posted: Wed 16 Apr 14
- Out Of The Box! A Bold New Arts Project In East London!posted: Wed 16 Apr 14
- Spitalfields Music’s Musical Rumpus shortlisted for an RPS Music Awardposted: Wed 16 Apr 14