Arts & Events Team
Tower Hamlets Council Arts and Events team aims to provide a service that is accessible to all those who live, work or study in Tower Hamlets. We promote the use of arts as a leisure activity, as a source of employment and training, and as a tool for social cohesion and inclusion.
The majority of the Council arts team is based at the Brady Arts Centre. It provides a performance space, specialist arts facilities, rooms for meetings and seminars, houses a number of community projects, runs a wide range of classes and co-ordinates the on-site exhibition space. Also available is the resource bank of equipment for hire to community organisations and voluntary groups.
The remainder of the team is based at the Kobi Nazrul Centre, which is dedicated to Bengali Arts and Culture and, since reopening in 2001, has developed an innovative workshop and performance programme.
Find out more about our work and the services we provide using the menu links on the left; and below are some useful guidance notes and downloads to help plan your own arts & events in the borough. The Event Fund Application Process is moving to an online application process for 2016-17 which will be open for applications from Friday 29th January 2016. Please click here to apply. Please note that applications made on previous forms will not be accepted.
The Event Fund is Changing
The Council is moving the Event Fund from monthly to quarterly deadlines. Applicants will need to ensure that they plan well in advance to ensure that they meet the new deadlines.
The deadline for events taking place in April – June 2017 inclusive will need to apply by close of Thursday 2nd February using the online application form. Online application forms will be open in January 2017. We are planning to hold some workshop sessions for applicants in January however dates and venues to be confirmed. Application, Guidelines and Criteria details and details of workshops and support available will be posted here when they are available.
Please check back for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
Application Forms & Information
- Curious Puppetryfrom Mon 16 Jan 17 until Sat 4 Feb 17
- Holocaust Memorial Day Programmefrom Sun 22 Jan 17 until Sun 29 Jan 17
- Make a Film Youth Arts Challengefrom Thu 19 Jan 17 until Thu 23 Mar 17
- Shape Open 2017 - Power: The Politics of Disabilityfrom Thu 19 Jan 17 until Thu 2 Feb 17
- Soundbox 2017from Sat 14 Jan 17 until Sat 8 Apr 17
- TOWER HAMLETS ARTS DEVELOPMENT & NETWORKING EVENT – TUESDAY 28TH FEBRUARY 2017posted: Fri 20 Jan 17
- Community Music - FREE Remix WorkshopsSat 4 Feb 17 to Sat 4 Feb 17
- Old Flo Is Coming Back To Tower Hamlets - Council Seeks Local Partner To Host East End Sculptureposted: Wed 18 Jan 17
- Wanted: Your Author Suggestions For Writeidea 2017, East London’s Free Reading Festivalposted: Wed 18 Jan 17
- Make a Film Youth Arts ChallengeThu 19 Jan 17 to Thu 23 Mar 17