Meet other local arts organisations and representatives from Arts Admin, Artichoke, the Canary Wharf Group, The East End Community Foundation, the Council’s Arts, Parks and Events Team as well as officers from Arts Council England with whom there will be the opportunity to have one to one surgeries.
What’s it all about?
The Council’s Arts, Parks and Events team is continuing to build on a range of partnerships that it has developed over the years with key arts and events organisations across the voluntary, charitable and community sectors. The team has also helped support or deliver a substantial number of arts-based projects and events with advocacy and guidance, small grants, marketing and more.
We are utilizing these experiences and relationships to deliver our fourth arts networking evening which will take place on Tuesday 28th Feb 2017, at the Art Pavilion in Mile End Park from 6-8.30pm.
Tower Hamlets remains a thriving hub of activity for the creative sector and home to so many high calibre and firmly established, as well as emerging, arts organisations. Many of these will be in attendance in order to share some of their expertise and professional know-how!
In response to feedback from last year, we have lined up a great panel of speakers. These include:
• Clive Lyttle – Arts Council England
• Judith Knight – Arts Admin
• Helen Marriage – Artichoke
• Zakir Khan and Emma Warden – Canary Wharf Group
• Kyrsten Perry – East End Community Foundation
Arts Council England surgeries
We are delighted to confirm that the Arts Council will have three representatives from the areas of dance, visual arts and combined arts who will be available from 7.45pm to 8.30pm to provide 15 minute slots (9 in total) to those who book on a first come first served basis. The purpose of these surgeries is offer guidance on applications for Grants for the Arts. See below for details of how to book.
• Meet council arts officers and learn how the we can support local arts practitioners and organisations
• Discover how our Event Fund small grant scheme has changed from a monthly to a quarterly application cycle.
• Meet potential delivery partners
• Discuss collaborative opportunities with other venue managers, performers, artists, other participants and event organisers
• Develop new links and partnerships
• Discover the capacity building opportunities as well as the unique spaces and great facilities available for hireto voluntary and community groups
• Obtain advice on funding opportunities including the Tower Hamlets Event Fund, Arts Council England’s ‘Grants for the Arts’ and the East End Community Foundation.
• Spread the word about what you are currently doing or planning and learn about how to reach out and help build local audiences by taking advantage of the many free publicity platforms available
• Learn about the Arts Development work which celebrates, empowers and reflects the culturally rich and diverse population of Tower Hamlets
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please book here - artsnetworkingevent2017.eventbrite.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SURGERIES ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED.
How to book your surgery
1-1 Surgeries: To book a 15 minute slot with one of the Arts Council Officers please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th February 2017. Please only email Kazi Ruksana Begum for surgery places once you have already booked your overall place on Eventbrite – see link above.
Please be aware that this is in a first come first served basis and when we have 9 places confirmed, we will operate a waiting list.
How to find us
Please note that entrance is via Clinton Road, off Grove Road.
Buses passing close to Mile End Art Pavilion are: 25, 277, D6, D7
Tube - The nearest underground / tube station is Mile End. This station is in Zone 2 and is on the Hammersmith and City Line, the District Line and the Central Line.