Festivals & events
Tower Hamlets has a vibrant arts scene, a host of festivals, family and community events, activities for the young and old, and cultural events for all. Browse the festivals & events pages for what's coming up in the borough...
Sky High in the Pavilion: from Munich to Mile End - Exhibitions & FREE Workshops
Tue 29 Jul 14 - Thu 7 Aug 14free
|Time||12 noon - 8pm|
|Venue||Mile End Art Pavilion|
|Address||Mile End Park, Grove Road, E3 4QY|
|Tel||020 7364 4147|
The stunning, glass-fronted Mile End Art Pavillion will host an exhibition commemorating the start of World War 1 from 29th July – 7th August. The main focus will be a large scale paper model of the unique German zeppelin airship as created by leading celebratory arts company Emergency Exit Arts (EEA) in conjunction with local schools groups. The fabrication of this dynamic 3D structure will stem from the creation and collation of A3 panels that depict stories and historical facts about World War One and the East End, allowing Tower Hamlets young people to creatively engage with and learn about the Great War.
For more information and full details of the workshops please click here:
For email updates of what's going on subscribe to our monthly Event Highlights newsletter.
Include your event
Use our online form here to add details of your Tower Hamlets arts events. Don't forget to check the guidelines!
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Get answers to the frequently asked questions (FAQs), about holding and attending events including music festivals, street parties and much more.
Survey of events
We value your feedback, and would appreciate if you took a few moments to respond to some questions if you have attended a Tower Hamlets Council event in 2013. Current surveys include:
- Black History Month 2013 Throughout October
- Tower Hamlets Fireworks 2013 3rd November
Any queries email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tower Hamlets Council website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk
Visit East London website www.visiteastlondon.com
Guide to Spitalfields Market and events www.spitalfields.org.uk
Canary Wharf Arts & Events www.canarywharf.com/visitus/Arts--Events1
CIDA Events Page http://neoponic.co.uk/newcida/category/events
Time Out's guide to film, music, theatre and more www.timeout.com/london
Britain's What's On Event Guide www.wherecanwego.com
Arts Venues in Tower Hamlets
Links to major arts and cultural venues in the borough are below. For full arts venue listings go to www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk/?guide=Venues
Rich Mix www.richmix.org.uk
Whitechapel Arts Gallery: www.whitechapelgallery.org
V & A Museum of Childhood www.museumofchildhood.org.uk
Museum of London Docklands www.museumoflondon.org.uk/docklands
The Space - Performing Arts Centre https://space.org.uk
Wilton's Music Hall http://wiltons.org.uk
- Idea Store Learning Print Exhibitionfrom Fri 4 Jul 14 until Thu 28 Aug 14
- Sky High in the Pavilion: from Munich to Mile End - Exhibitions & FREE Workshopsfrom Tue 29 Jul 14 until Thu 7 Aug 14
- Summer Drama Course - Masks and Movementfrom Tue 29 Jul 14 until Sat 2 Aug 14
- The Cornershopevery Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from Fri 1 Aug 14 until Sun 31 Aug 14
- Blackwall Road Showevery Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from Sun 3 Aug 14 until Wed 27 Aug 14
- Event Management Volunteers Needed for ‘A Season of Bangla Drama’posted: Wed 23 Jul 14
- FREE Workshop at WWI Exhibition ‘Sky High in the Pavilion: From Munich to Mile Endposted: Wed 23 Jul 14
- Trainee Music Leaders, Spitalfields Musicposted: Thu 17 Jul 14
- Get A Glimpse Of Real East End Life During WWI!posted: Wed 16 Jul 14
- Writeidea Prize: Short Story Competition - Closing Soon!posted: Wed 16 Jul 14